You spoke, we listened. Many of you have told us that you often crave dessert but want a healthier option. So, after months of research, testing (and many tasting sessions!), we’re excited to bring you mindful desserts!
From classic crumble to creamy chocolate mousse, you can now indulge healthily with our new dessert range.. As with all our recipes, Chef Louisa has given classic puddings a delicious, healthy twist. These quick, easy desserts are made with wholesome, natural ingredients and no refined sugars, gluten or dairy. Yes, they’re all vegan too!
What recipes are available?
Our dessert range currently includes 4 recipes, which will change periodically. We are working to expand this range over the coming months.
- Pecan chia crumble with cinnamon plums
- Crepes with caramelised oranges & chocolate sauce
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Chai spiced black rice pudding with mango
Are they all gluten-free and dairy free?
Staying true to our core values, our new food options will always be gluten and dairy-free, free from refined carbs, sugar, preservatives and additives. All four of these desserts are vegan.
How long do they take to cook?
Our dessert range take between 30-45 minutes.
How do I order desserts?
Initially only available to Mindful Chef customers, our dessert range will be available to order in your account from Monday, 29th April.
- Simply head to your upcoming delivery mindfulchef.com/deliveries/upcoming then hit the 'add extra' button on the right hand side (next to skip delivery and change recipes).
2. Simply click 'Add dessert' remembering to save the changes (bottom right). You can easily remove the selection by clicking on 'remove frozen meal' and save changes.
3. This then directs you to an order summary. At the moment you can only order a maximum of 3 desserts along with your usual recipe box. Therefore, the order deadlines remain the same (Thursday midnight for a Sunday/Monday delivery and Monday midnight for a Thursday/Friday delivery). It is at this point you will be charged.
4. Please note, each meal feeds 2 people (regardless of your account preferences).
The plan is to eventually offer the desserts as a standalone on the website.
How much do the desserts cost?
The price is clearly displayed underneath the product description. They are all priced at £7 per dessert.
How are your desserts delivered?
They will be delivered in your usual recipe box - all the ingredients for each dessert are packaged in one of our usual brown paper bags. Any chilled items such as coconut yogurt will come in your insulation bag. Please do refrigerate all the ingredients as soon as you can.
Just like our recipe boxes, for every dessert you buy, we donate a meal to a school child living in poverty through our partner charity One Feeds Two.
How can I recycle/return my dessert packaging?
Please recycle your packaging as usual. See more here.
We would love to hear any feedback you have, so please pop an email to [email protected] or join our Customer Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/mindfulchef/