Unfortunately, we’re only able to accept returns of the insulation at this time. Please do not send back any other packaging in your returns.
One of our main goals for the coming years is to improve upon how environmentally friendly our packaging is. With this in mind, we have conducted a trial of our new cool boxes throughout April and May and were thrilled to see that the feedback received from customers was overwhelmingly positive on every front!
We're therefore delighted to announce that we are to phase out our cool bags in favour of these new cool boxes within the month of June. We have already started the roll-out, so you may already have noticed that your deliveries had a neatly packed cool box inside instead of the regular cool bag.
If you still have some of the insulation that needs to be returned to us, don't worry! You can send it all back by the end of June (we will sadly not be able to accept any cool bag returns after the last day of June).
The steps for recycling are below:
- You will receive a label in your box every 3 weeks or so.
- Save up 4-6 weeks of insulation (we cannot accept other packaging) and seal the full box. If you haven't got 4-6 weeks' worth of insulation, just pack up what you've got.
- Use the returns label provided, or follow the instructions below to print your own.
- Drop your parcel off at your chosen returns service and they’ll handle the rest!
*We are currently not accepting ice pack returns. However, as they contain a non-toxic gel, food-grade polymer gel, this means the gel can be safely disposed of down your sink without causing any harm to the environment (or people!) and pop the white packaging into your general waste.
Royal Mail will also print your label for you (branch dependent).
Collect+ will also print your label for you (branch dependent).
If I don't want to return the insulation to you, how can I safely dispose of it?
- The plastic around the covering the insulation is MDPE plastic, please check if your local authority accepts this as some do.
- The insulation can be put into landfill or some of our customers upcycle into new things like bedding for their pets. But please bear in mind the wool cool is not fire retardant.
We’re working closely with our suppliers to explore new materials, technologies and processes – join our customer community group for the latest updates or find out how to reuse, recycle and correctly dispose of your packaging here: https://www.mindfulchef.com/blog/our-packaging-promise/