We really appreciate you returning your insulation (cool bag). Not only can you return them for free, but we can reuse them over 20 times.
In a bid to reduce our carbon footprint we would ask that you only send a box back to us when it is full of insulation. That's about 4-6 weeks' worth.
The steps for recycling are below:
- You will receive a label in your box every 3 weeks or so.
- Save up 4-6 weeks of insulation (we cannot accept other packaging) and seal the full box.
- Use the returns label provided, or follow the instructions below to print your own.
- Arrange a Royal Mail collection, or drop your parcel off at your chosen returns service and they’ll handle the rest!
*We are currently not accepting ice pack returns. However, as they contain a non-toxic gel, food-grade polymer gel, this means the gel can be safely disposed of down your sink without causing any harm to the environment (or people!) and pop the white packaging into your general waste.
To return your insulation with Royal Mail, use the label provided with your box, or print one off here.
Royal Mail will also print your label for you (branch dependent).
You can drop your box off at your local post office. Alternatively, to book a Royal Mail collection, follow the steps below:
- Go to: send.royalmail.com/collect/youritems
- Select the second option, which reads: “....that I purchased previously via Send an item or other similar service, or postage for an item being returned using a Royal Mail Tracked Return service”
- Select “Yes, there’s a tracking number” and enter the number from your returns label as highlighted below (please note the number in the image below is an example):
- Once this is entered, the collection cost will show as “FREE” as Mindful Chef will pick up this cost for you.
- Estimate the weight of your parcel (to a rough KG is fine!)
- Next, confirm the size of the parcel. We recommend you use a Mindful Chef box to return the insulation as this will ensure it’s accepted
- Press “continue” to finish organising the collection, or add up to 5 parcels which can be collected at a time. (Note, only the Mindful Chef collections will be covered by Mindful Chef, all others are charged as per the other organisations' guidelines or the 60p Royal Mail collection charge.)
- Using the postcode lookup, confirm the collection point and contact name. This will also automatically fill the side bar with the details:
- Then you have the option to select a collection day, this will be tailored to your area and availability. Collection windows are all day, however you can select whether the parcel will be attended or unattended (i.e. do you handover the parcel or leave it in a safe place)
- Confirm you have no dogs (Postman and Dogs have a long history!)
- Finally, add it to your basket. This will be saved until you checkout for up to 15 minutes. If you are only sending the Mindful Chef parcel, this will be confirmed again that the collection is free.
- You will have a confirmation page, email and tracking number for the collection:
- Make sure the parcel is properly sealed with 4-6 weeks of insulation and the label is applied, covering any previous shipping labels on the box.
To return your insulation with Collect+, use the label provided with your box, or print one off here. (You DO NOT NEED an order number, simply enter 0000 into the box).
Collect+ will also print your label for you (branch dependent).
To find your nearest Collect+ store, click here.
Around 90% of our packaging is actually recyclable and we are on a mission to be 100% plastic-free! We won't however do this at the expense of the environment. Making fast changes without properly evaluating both the positive and negative outcomes could have a bigger impact in the future. In the meantime, offering this free packaging returns options is is the best solution, as we are able to reuse these again and again creating a circular economy of packaging.
Click here to find out the do's and don'ts of recycling your MC packaging.