We really appreciate you returning your insulation (cool bag). Not only can you return them for free, but we can reuse them over 20 times.
In a bid to reduce our carbon footprint we would ask that you only send a box back to us when it is full of insulation. That's about 4-6 weeks' worth.
The steps for recycling are below:
- You will receive a label in your box every 3 weeks or so.
- Save up 4-6 weeks of insulation (we cannot accept other packaging) and seal the full box.
- Use the returns label provided, or follow the instructions below to print your own.
- Drop your parcel off at your chosen returns service and they’ll handle the rest!
*We are currently not accepting ice pack returns. However, as they contain a non-toxic gel, food-grade polymer gel, this means the gel can be safely disposed of down your sink without causing any harm to the environment (or people!) and pop the white packaging into your general waste.
To return your insulation with Royal Mail, use the label provided with your box, or print one off here.
Royal Mail will also print your label for you (branch dependent).
To return your insulation with Collect+, use the label provided with your box, or print one off here. (You DO NOT NEED an order number, simply enter 0000 into the box).
Collect+ will also print your label for you (branch dependent).
If I don't want to return the insulation to you, how can I safely dispose of it?
- The plastic around the covering the insulation is MDPE plastic, please check if your local authority accepts this as some do. The insulation can be put into landfill or some of our customers up cycle into new things like bedding for their pets. But please bear in mind the wool cool is not fire retardant
We’re working closely with our suppliers to explore new materials, technologies and processes – join our customer community group for the latest updates or find out how to reuse, recycle and correctly dispose of your packaging here: https://www.mindfulchef.com/blog/our-packaging-promise/